Location: Home ► About the Barn ► Terms and Conditions
The Crafters' Barn Terms and Conditions
1) The Crafters' Barn website and its contents shall be available to be viewed by anyone (the viewer), participation as a person selling goods or services (the seller) requires that person to be a registered user, all Sellers must be a minimum of 18 years old and have the legal capacity and authority to form contracts.
2) A viewer does not need to register to make a purchase (a Buyer)
3) The Crafters' Barn offer a platform for small Craft manufactures to display and sell their Goods and for buyers to have access to a wide variety of unique individually hand made products. Some Sellers may also offer a ‘made to order service’.
4) Buyers and Sellers acknowledge and accept that sales made by using the services of this website are made directly between the Buyer and Seller using PayPal. The Crafters Barn have no involvement in the sale or the processing of funds and the contract of sale exists only between the Buyer and Seller.
5) Any Goods or Services that are made available to buyers via this website are solely provided by the seller and we do not warrant or guarantee the price, quality, availability or the accuracy of any listing.
6) As we play no part in a buyers decision to buy or a sellers decision to sell or any part of any transaction, we cannot be held liable for
a) the safety or quality of the product.
b) the buyers ability to pay.
c) the sellers ability to supply.
d) the accuracy of any photograph or description of the product.
e) the accuracy of any feedback for the buyer or seller.
f) any error or problem with the financial transaction.
g) the delivery or return of any goods.
h) Any breach of a statutory obligation by the buyer or seller.
7) All users are expected to contribute towards ensuring every ones experience of this website is safe, pleasant and hassle-free. We encourage users to report any miss-use of the website or a breech of this agreement and to settle any buyer/seller dispute amicably.
8) This agreement does not create a partnership, joint venture, agency, broker, employee, franchise, license or any other trading relationship between the parties.
9) Unless otherwise stated all transactions shall be in GBP
10) Unless otherwise stated, we own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. This includes, but is not limited to images, text, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction, publishing, duplicating, copying or modifying is prohibited and all intellectual property rights are reserved.
11) Any images, text or other content published by a Seller are the Intellectual Property of the Seller and cannot be used, copied or published or in any way without their express consent.
12) The design, layout, scheme or theme is subject to change without notice.
13) You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
14) You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
15) You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website.
16) From time to time, we may include links to, or advertisements for other websites. These Links and Advertisements are included for your information and convenience; they do not signify or indicate our endorsement of the website or any information, goods or services which may be available within it. We have no responsibility or liability for the content of any Linked website.
17) Where a users activities, whether by action or omission, are not consistent with the terms or spirit of this agreement, we may issue a warning notice. The notice will state the offending activities, what you need to do by way of correction or remedy and a timescale for compliance.
18) In the interest of keeping users safe and we may use any method available to us, including technical and legal to prevent anyone who has had an account terminated for a breech of these terms from accessing and using our website.
19) Whilst we will make all reasonable endeavours to maintain continuous and secure access to our website and its services, the operation and availability of the website and services may be interrupted or interfered with beyond our control and cannot give any warranties or guarantees nor shall we be liable in contract, tort or negligence in respect of your inability to access the website.
20) Where any notice is required under this agreement, the notice should be in writing and served by email, registered delivery post or courier service, A notice shall be deemed as being served upon signed receipt of delivered or 12 hours after it is sent by email when the email has not been returned undelivered can be done via email.
21) You must honour payments for goods or services purchased.
22) As you deal with each seller directly and individually, purchases from different sellers require different payment transactions.
23) In the event that you wish to exercise your right to cancel, you must follow the procedures within the timescale set.
24) You accept risk for the goods upon their delivery to you.
25) We do not endorse or recommend any item available on this website, It is your responsibility to ensure the goods or services meet with your specific requirements but nothing within these terms shall reduce, prevent or otherwise interfere with any statutory right or claim you might have against a Seller.
26) Most Goods available within our website are subject to the Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and the Buyer has a right to cancel the order within 14 days of the date on which the Buyer acquires, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by the Buyer acquires physical possession of the goods.
27) To exercise the right to cancel, the Buyer must inform the Seller directly at the address shown on the product page, of their decision to cancel the contract by a clear and concise statement sent to the Seller by post, fax or email (if using post it is recommended obtaining proof of posting). To notify the Seller, the Buyer may use the form here [insert link to the form] but it is not obligatory.
28) The right to cancel is not available where the goods are personalised or have been made to your specifications.
29) Where the Buyer cancels the contract, the Seller will reimburse the Buyer all payments received, including the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if the Buyer choses a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by the Seller).
30) The Seller may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is as a result of unnecessary handling by the Buyer.
31) The Seller shall make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than –
a) 14 days after they receive back from the Buyer any goods supplied, or
b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day the Buyer provides evidence that the goods have been returned, or
c) If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day the Buyer informed the Seller about their decision to cancel the contract.
32) The Seller will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as the Buyer used for the initial transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, the Buyer will not incur any fees as a result of the imbursement.
33) The Seller may withhold reimbursement until they have received the goods back or the Buyer has supplied evidence of having sent the goods back, whichever is the earliest.
34) The Buyer shall return the goods to the Seller at the address shown on the product page without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which the Buyer communicates the cancellation of the contract with the Seller. The deadline is met if the Buyer sends back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
35) The Buyer will have to bear the cost of returning the goods.
36) The Buyer is liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
37) To register as a Seller you must complete the Registration form, the information must be true, accurate and not misleading in any way, using inaccurate, misrepresentative or fraudulent information my result in investigations and actions from a relevant authority.
38) Shortly after submitting a completed form your registration will be confirmed using the email address you provide. Once registered, you be able to upload images of your product, set your selling price, delivery methods and costs, create descriptions and accept orders.
39) Any changes to the information or circumstances provided by you must be updated as soon as is reasonably possible.
40) A Sellers account is not transferable.
41) By listing items for sale within our website you accept full responsibility for the content and ensuring a smooth transaction between you and the Buyer.
42) All items listed must be hand crafted, reworked or upcycled, Any manufactured, mass-produced or otherwise inappropriate items will be removed.
43) You should endeavour to meet any buyers expectations by providing accurate details, excellent customer service and communicate promptly and clearly throughout the buying process.
44) A good quality photograph and well thought out descriptions will always generate more interest, search engine bots will also regularly visit our website so in your description try to include words that someone might type into a search query to find your products (Keywords).
45) A membership fee of is payable in advance for listing items for sale of £2.30 per month.
46) There is no limit on the number of items you can list for sale in any month where the fee has been paid. No other fees or commissions are charged.
47) To enhance visitor usability of the website, if you do not have any items for sale for a period of 28 consecutive days your webpage will be temporarily removed, it will be reactivated upon you adding new items for sale.
48) We reserve the right to change the fees or fee structure at any time, notice of any changes will be provided to registered Sellers at least 14 days before the changes take effect.
49) Sellers will deliver goods within 30 days unless otherwise agreed with the buyer.
50) Sellers shall comply with all notices received from the Buyer to cancel the contract in accordance with the terms and effects of cancellation.
51) Sellers will fully indemnify us against all claims from Buyers resulting from a failure to comply with a Buyers right to cancel or any other statutory obligation, including costs incurred in dealing with any claims.
52) Sellers must not use this website for any purpose other than to sell your products or services, any inappropriate content shall be removed and your account may be terminated.
53) Links and website addresses shall be removed from product and shop pages upon expiry of a membership fee.
54) Sellers must not sell counterfeit goods or breech any copyright, trade mark or any other intellectual property rights of third parties. You indemnify us, without limitation against any claim, costs, damages, fines or any other, in the event of you breaching any such rights.
55) When uploading image and written content you are giving us express permission to use those images and written content royalty-free and without any breech whatsoever of any intellectual property right you have in the content.
56) When creating a listing the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 require you to make the following clear and readily accessible –
a) Your name and contact details (including email and telephone) and if you are a limited company, your registered office
b) The goods or services you are selling
c) The cost of delivery
d) The expected length of time between order and dispatch
e) The delivery method
f) Any terms of Sale you wish to apply that are in addition to this agreement.
g) Your preferred method of communication for receiving complaints.
57) When concluding or confirming a sale you must provide the buyer with written confirmation containing –
a) Your full geographical address
b) The estimated/anticipated delivery date
c) Notice of their right to return goods within fourteen days and receive a full refund of the purchase price and delivery costs. This does not apply to ‘made to order products’
d) How and where to return the goods, include a statement that confirms the Buyer is responsible for the costs of the returns.
58) Once a confirmation has been sent to the buyer, the Seller is obliged to provide goods which conform to contract.
59) The Sale of Goods Act 1979 imposed obligations upon all Sellers to ensure all goods are
a) as described
b) of satisfactory quality
c) fit for purpose
60) If you are unable to meet the stated dispatch date you must contact the buyer and inform them of the delay and revised dispatch date.
61) You are responsible in Law for the goods until they reach the delivery address which should be taken into account when selecting a delivery method and whether insurance is appropriate.
62) We reserve the right to cancel the account of any registered Seller without giving notice and without any liability, where
a) the Seller is in breach of any term of this agreement or any statutory obligation.
b) Where an item listed for Sale has been removed by us under paragraphs 42 or 54 and the item is re-listed.
c) the Seller has been issued a warning under paragraph 17 and any remedial actions have not been carried out within a stated time.
d) The account has been inactive, or the Seller has not logged into their account for more than six months.
63) When an account is cancelled this Agreement is terminated and any webpage, images and account details will be deleted, except information which needs to be retained by us for legal or administration purposes.
64) Sellers are solely responsible for the payment of their own taxes (including but not limited to V.A.T. where applicable) and if they trade with anyone outside the boundaries of the United Kingdom they shall be liable for compliance with any regulations, duties, taxes, rules or restrictions arising out of the transaction.
65) The Crafter Barn cannot be held liable for any claims, costs, losses or damages however cause, including equity, tort or statute arising out of the contract between the buyer and Seller. If we are found liable to any person for any reason, our liability shall be limited to the amount paid for products or services.
66) A person or company who is not party to this Agreement shall not have any rights, benefits or obligations under this Agreement or any part of it, under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
67) No forbearance, indulgence, relaxing, inaction or delay in either party enforcing performance, its contractual or legal rights shall prejudice, restrict or otherwise diversely affect the rights of that party to enforce its rights at a later date or later breach.
68) If any provision of this agreement is, or shall become invalid or unenforceable in the opinion of a court of Law it shall in no way affect or diminish the remainder of the agreement and it shall remain valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by Law. Both parties shall seek and agree an alternative provision that is valid and enforceable and reflects the intent of the original term.
69) This agreement is constructed and Governed in accordance with English Law, the courts of England and Wales have jurisdiction to adjudicate and provide determinations on any dispute arising from or in relation to these Terms and Conditions.
Like this Content? Share it With Others